Microgrant for Technology or Equipment
The goal of the Microgrant for Technology or Equipment is to provide funding for historically underserved, minority-led nonprofits and small businesses to purchase hardware, software, and machinery assets to grow their business.
What can I apply for?
- Grants up to $20,000
- These funds can be used to buy either technology or equipment/machinery
- Technology refers to: hardware like computers, printers, routers, etc. and software like Microsoft Office, QuickBooks, Square, Shopify, and other computer programs.
- Equipment and machinery refers to fixed assets used in your business, such as furniture, tools, and machines. See a list of our 2022 grantees for examples.
Am I eligible?
To apply, your business or nonprofit must be:
- Owned or led by a person who is: Black, Latino, LGBTQ+, veteran, and/or disabled
- In operation for at least 2 years
- Make less than $1M in annual revenue or budget
- Based in and serving Miami-Dade County
What do I need to apply?
- Complete an application to describe your organization and explain how this purchase would help your company.
- Strong applications include a specific vendor estimate with pricing.
- A copy of your latest financial statement or annual operating budget.
What is the timeline?
- Applications are due by the end of the day May 31st, 2023
- Decisions will be shared in July 2023
What if I need help with my application?
- Reach out to one of the organizations we have partnered with.
- Attend office hours with the application team.
- Watch past webinar recording on what makes a strong application.
How will decisions be made?
- Approximately 40-70 businesses will be selected each year. In the first round, only 20% of applications were funded.
- After the deadline, we review all applications using the criteria below. Applications that score the highest will be funded.
- Owner(s) represent multiple aspects of historical disadvantage
- Company has specific, concrete plans to use funding to transform trajectory
- Company provides good or service that benefits the community
- Company has strong organizational and financial capacity
- Company is an employer firm that offers quality jobs
- Located in underserved neighborhood